Front End Developer - Permanent
Front End Developer required to join our Customer Experience team here in Watford.
- Create prototypes and production-ready XHTML/CSS /JS for eCommerce websites
- Focus on user needs and optimum user experience
- Integrate production-ready XHTML cross-browser compliant valid CSS into JSP coded pages in an integrated development environment
- Working within an agile team, contributing to daily stand-ups, sprint planning and estimations
- Stay current with evolving standards and technologies, learning new skills as needed
- Contributing to the team’s focus to maintain Front End Quality through participating in coding reviews and adhering to Salmon coding standards
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and find new ways of doing things. A team player who is proud of your work and wants to share with everyone! You like working in a fast-paced environment and are driven by the desire to improve the online purchasing experience for everyone, no matter what they are buying and from where!
You will be client focused and be willing to be flexible when required to make them happy, including working at client locations.
The techy bit…. we need you to be really great at:
- Experience of using CSS stylesheet languages (SASS) and libraries such as Bootstrap/Foundation
- Willingness to contribute to both large, complex projects and smaller tasks as directed.
- Experience of using version control tooling in a large development team performing Continuous Integration
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Good understanding/awareness of Usability, Accessibility, Cross Browser issues
- The candidate has to have excellent communication skills and capability to interact directly with the customer (show and tells/requirement analysis sessions/retrospectives etc)
If you know some of this even better!
- Can create prototypes and production-ready HTML/CSS
- Solid information, interaction, and visual design skills.
- Experience creating site architecture diagrams, wireframes, process flows
- Experience of JSP, JSTL, Hybris, cross platform browser testing, JIRA.
- Commercial Ecommerce platform experience – Magento/Hybris/IBM WebSphere/Shopify
- Experience designing for dynamic and template-driven sites.
- Creative, yet meticulous. Has a sense of craftsmanship.
- Experience of graphics packages, primarily Photoshop, or newer tools such as Sketch
- Experience of working on Java projects would be extremely advantageous
- Familiar with Unit Testing Frameworks (eg Jasmine/Karma etc)
Salmon is an award-winning global digital eCommerce consultancy with operations in London, Amsterdam, Beijing, Melbourne and New Delhi. We’re part of the global WPP group and Wunderman Commerce.
Our aim is to define, design and deliver dynamic, high performance, state-of-the-art eCommerce sites for the world’s leading brands. We work for some of the best… Audi UK, Akzo Nobel, DFS, Halfords, Sainsbury’s, Selfridges, Staples, Ted Baker, Xerox and YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP.
Our Salmon DNA is what pulls us all together. We want to make our client happy. Our reputation is based on having the best people in the business, who are honest and straight talking and really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about the innovative approach we take in everything we do and we are proud of what our teams achieve. We show respect for all and trust and empower our people and we won’t settle for second best!
As our business grows, so we need to find new people who share our values, work ethic and DNA. We especially want to encourage more Women to join us and take a key role in shaping and moulding some of the best eCommerce sites in the world.